Thursday, November 09, 2006

almost busted at Starbucks!


i ordered my tall cafe americano calmly enough. then i strode over to the corner to stake out the perfect spot to drop my wild wooly. aha! the creamer bar! there, by the sugars and wooden stir sticks, some unsuspecting, caffeine-starved knitter would surely happen upon it!

i gave a quick glance around making sure no one was watching me. barrista number one was waiting on a customer. barrista number two was making my coffee drink. slowly, stealthfully, i slipped the wild wooly on the table, nestling it in the corner. heh heh, i chuckled smugly, as i stepped aside from my latest dropping. i fished my camera phone out of my bag and pretended to be very immersed in a text message as i secretly snapped a shot of my handiwork.

then, i stepped back to wait for my coffee. at that moment, one of the barristas decided to come out from behind the counter and tidy up the creamer bar. i stood there, motionless, trying not to looked panicked. my heart pounded in my chest like that scene from midnight express where the guy gets caught smuggling hash out of turkey.

she had spotted the wild wooly. she picked it up, turning it over in her hand and inspecting it as if it were a rotten tomato. "is this your yarny thing?" she inquired, holding it up by the scruff of its fibery neck. "um, nope, not mine," i said.

"i don't even know what this is," she said, placing the wild wooly back in its spot. "i'm just going to leave it right here."

"whatever," i replied, trying my best to look blase.

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Kester said...

phew!!!! my heart was pounding the whole time!

11:04 AM  
Blogger OLGAJAZZY said...

Ahahaha, what a freaking RUSH!
I am really looking forward to it... there is some kinda spy game going on along with it.
"Da, comrade, I told u i know nosing."
Yey!

7:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home